Bobby Burns Cocktail
The Bobby Burns Cocktail is a classic cocktail that dates back to the 19th century. Named after the famous Scottish poet Robert Burns, this cocktail is a rich and complex blend of Scotch whisky, sweet vermouth, and Bénédictine liqueur. It's a cocktail that is perfect for sipping on a cold winter night.
- Fill a mixing glass with ice cubes.
- Add 2 ounces of Scotch whisky to the glass.
- Add ¾ ounce of sweet vermouth to the glass.
- Add ¼ ounce of Bénédictine liqueur to the glass.
- Stir the mixture well for about 30 seconds.
- Strain the cocktail into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a lemon twist or a cherry, if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!
Note: The Bobby Burns Cocktail can also be served on the rocks, if preferred. Simply strain the cocktail into a rocks glass filled with ice cubes.