Cocktail Recipe: Pegu
The Pegu cocktail is a classic cocktail that originated in Burma and gained popularity during the British colonial era. It is a refreshing and citrusy drink that is perfect for summer evenings.
To make a Pegu cocktail, you will need:
- Orange liqueur, such as Cointreau
- Fresh lime juice
- Angostura bitters
- Orange bitters
Here's how you can make your own Pegu cocktail:
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice cubes.
- Add 2 ounces of gin, 1 ounce of orange liqueur, 3/4 ounce of fresh lime juice, a dash of Angostura bitters, and a dash of orange bitters to the shaker.
- Shake the cocktail shaker vigorously for about 15 seconds to mix and chill the ingredients.
- Strain the mixture into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a twist of lime peel or a lime wedge.
- Serve and enjoy!
Now you have the recipe for a delicious and refreshing Pegu cocktail. It's the perfect drink to enjoy on a warm summer evening or to impress your guests at a cocktail party. Cheers!