The Long Island Tea is a classic cocktail that originated in the United States. It is a potent and refreshing drink that combines several types of liquor to create a unique and flavorful taste. Despite its name, the Long Island Tea does not actually contain any tea; instead, it gets its name from its resemblance to iced tea.
To make a Long Island Tea, you will need a variety of spirits such as vodka, rum, tequila, gin, and triple sec. These spirits are mixed together with lemon juice and a splash of cola to create a well-balanced and delicious cocktail.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add 1/2 ounce of vodka.
- Add 1/2 ounce of rum.
- Add 1/2 ounce of tequila.
- Add 1/2 ounce of gin.
- Add 1/2 ounce of triple sec.
- Add 1 ounce of lemon juice.
- Shake the cocktail shaker vigorously for about 10-15 seconds.
- Strain the mixture into a highball glass filled with ice.
- Top the glass with a splash of cola.
- Garnish the drink with a lemon wedge or a sprig of mint.
The Long Island Tea is a versatile cocktail that can be enjoyed on any occasion. Its strong and refreshing flavors make it a popular choice at parties and social gatherings. However, due to its high alcohol content, it is important to drink responsibly and in moderation.
So, the next time you're looking for a cocktail that packs a punch, give the Long Island Tea a try. With its combination of spirits and refreshing flavors, it is sure to be a hit!