The Betsy Ross cocktail is a sweet and refreshing drink that is perfect for any occasion. This cocktail is designed to honor one of America's most iconic historical figures, Betsy Ross, who is said to have sewn the first American flag. The Betsy Ross cocktail is a twist on the classic Tom Collins, with the addition of grenadine and maraschino cherries, giving it a vibrant red color.
To make a Betsy Ross cocktail, you will need a few key ingredients. Start by muddling a few maraschino cherries and a lemon wedge in the bottom of a glass. Next, add ice cubes, gin, lemon juice, grenadine, and simple syrup. Give it a good stir to mix all the flavors together. Top it off with club soda and garnish with a lemon slice and a maraschino cherry. Serve it in a Collins glass and enjoy!
To make the Betsy Ross cocktail, follow these instructions:
- Muddle 3 maraschino cherries and 1 lemon wedge in a glass.
- Add ice cubes to the glass.
- Pour in 2 ounces of gin, 1 ounce of lemon juice, 1/2 ounce of grenadine, and 1/2 ounce of simple syrup.
- Stir well to combine all the ingredients.
- Top it off with club soda.
- Garnish with a lemon slice and a maraschino cherry.
- Serve in a Collins glass and enjoy!
The Betsy Ross cocktail is a delightful and colorful drink that is sure to impress your guests. Whether you're hosting a Fourth of July party or simply wanting to honor American history, this cocktail is a great choice. Its sweet and tangy flavor profile is incredibly refreshing and will leave you wanting more. So why not give the Betsy Ross cocktail a try at your next gathering and toast to the woman who played a part in creating the American flag!